Pacific West Christian Academy (PWCA) is open to parents and legal guardians interested in securing a Christian education for their preschool through eighth grade student(s). It is our desire to provide an environment where God is glorified in the conduct and integrity of our students. Since it is a privilege to attend the Academy, any individual who chooses not to conform to our standards of conduct will forfeit this privilege.
In February, the Academy gives parents of current students and their siblings the opportunity to re-enroll first to secure class placement for the upcoming school year. After the re-enrollment period, the enrollment applications for the next year are considered.
Step -I Enrollment Application - NEW! Online Enrollment Application
The first step in the application process is completing the Enrollment Application. Fill out the application in one of two ways; Online or request a printed form from the school office. Qualified applicants will be notified of their enrollment status based on current openings and invited to complete Steps II-IV.
Step-II Enrollment Process
- Pay the enrollment fee (K-8 $350 /Preschool $153)
- Submit Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Signed Contract Provisions (Download - PDF)
- Preschool Requirement: Current Medical Assessment
- First-Eighth Grade Requirement: Report card from last two years
- First-Eight Grade requirement: Recent Achievement test scores (SAT,STAR,MAP, etc)
JUNIOR HIGH only:
Step-III Testing (K-8) The school office will arrange a testing date and time.
After all steps of the application process have taken place an administrator will meet with the parents or guardians to discuss acceptance and placement of the student. Please note that the Academy does not currently have the resources to provide special programs for students with learning disabilities or behavioral problems.
Spiritual growth is a high priority at the Academy: therefore, Bible teaching is integral in our daily program and not an optional part of our curriculum.
Special Notes regarding immunizations:
- Students entering kindergarten or first grade:A Report of Health Examination for School Entry must be completed by the student's health examiner and submitted to our office before the child starts our school.
- Students entering seventh grade: a record of Tdap, DTap, or DTP booster - 1 dose on or after 7th birthday and (2) MMR immunizations must be received by the school office before starting.
All new students and parents must read the PWCA Family Handbook and sign the Student/Parent Agreement given at the time of acceptance.
After acceptance to PWCA, all forms must me signed and a records release form (1st - 8th grade only) filled out so we can obtain records from his/her previous school.
For more information call the school office (408) 847-7922